If you're not adding Collagen to all of your favourite recipes yet, you will after trying these Cassava Collagen Blondies!
Collagen a) makes some recipes extra fluffy, chewy or creamy, b) is a much more digestible protein option compared to other protein powders - even the most natural kind. BUT WAIT, and c) provides you with ACTUAL benefits.
Collagen is known to:
- Support healthy hair, skin elasticity & hydration, and nail strength
- Support bones and joints
- Support healthy body composition
- Contain electrolytes & trace minerals
Combine it with vitamin C rich foods like camu camu or berries, and this will boost the collagen production in your body even more.
- 1 ¼ cup cassava flour
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup Nature's Sunshine Collagen powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- ¼ cup chopped all natural, preferably sugar free block of chocolate
- 3-4 tablespoons sweetener, such as Lakanto or coconut sugar, or your chosen sweetener to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius. Roughly chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and set aside. Add all of the other ingredients to your blender, leaving the chocolate out, or if you are using a mixing bowl, sift the dry ingredients and then add in the remaining wet ingredients. Blend or stir until fully combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, scoop in the mixture, and spread it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Scatter the chocolate pieces over the top of the mixture, sinking some down into the mixture further and leaving some at the top.
- Place it in your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. It will be chewy and delicious when it comes out, though the longer it sits it will become soft, a little chewy still, but mostly seriously dense and delicious.
- Best served warm or at room temperature. Enjoy alone or with the the chocolate mousse and/or hazelnuts roasted in your oven for 15-20 minutes.