Electromagnetic Stress and How This Affects Your Health
Many of us sit in front of computers for work, have our mobile phones with us all day, sleep next to an electrical appliance like an alarm clock, a lamp, or our phones and have wireless routers in our homes and offices. Electromagnetic frequency (EMF), or electromagnetic radiation (EMR) emitted from these appliances can disrupt normal cell function and cause a variety of symptoms. This means exposure to electricity loads our bodies with a negative electrical charge known as Positive Ions, which can have a negative impact on your health.
The good news is there are many things we can do to reduce our exposure and re-earth our overly positive ion charged bodies.
Here is a list of seven things you can do daily to reduce the impact of Electromagnetic Stress and to rebalance the negative/positive ions ratios in our bodies:
- Kick your shoes off and walk on grass every day. This will earth your body and swap your positive ions for negative ions. Try to get out in nature (barefoot) as often as possible. Nature is full of negative ions, they are especially high in places like the beach, or near a waterfall- all places where there is natural crashing water. This is why we feel especially renewed when we go for a walk at the beach.
- Turn off wireless router off at night before you go to bed, that will give you 8 hours of rest from the Wi-Fi magnetic fields.
- When it comes to buying your next bed avoid spring mattresses or metal framed beds, they can act as an antenna for EMF and can amplify and distort the earth’s natural magnetic field, and may cause poor sleep, headaches, fatigue and impact your overall health.
- Replace you electric alarm clock, radio clock, or the use of your iPhone with a battery operated alarm clock and your plug-in bedside lamp with a battery operated lamp so that you do not have any need for electrical appliances in your bedroom.
- Replace the electric blanket with a heat-pack or hot-water bottle, and remove the baby monitor from your bedroom and the baby’s room.
- Wear natural fabrics where possible, especially natural fibre socks. Synthetic fabrics cause static electricity and increase the positive ions on our bodies.
- When possible turn your mobile phone off at night even if it is not in your room. The frequencies reach a long distance, so reduce the exposure by having it switched off.
- Just remember every little bit counts. Even if you start gradually making these changes, they will have an overall positive impact on your health long term.